All uniforms are delivered to the school individually packaged for parents to collect. Click on the link to start shopping.
School uniform is compulsory for all students attending the school. We believe that wearing school uniform in a proud and smart manner promotes positive self-esteem and, therefore, is integral to the ethos of the school. All students are expected to arrive at school every day in uniform, worn in a tidy manner. We expect our students to take pride in their school uniform.
All students are expected to wear PE uniform on PE days. You will be informed about these days at the beginning of the academic year. The Headmaster will give guidance regarding the dates when summer and winter uniforms are to be worn, according to the seasonal weather conditions. Summer uniform will be required at the beginning of the year.
Footwear is an important aspect of the school uniform; the correct socks and shoes complete the uniform. Shoes should be black, business-like in style and worn each day.
On PE days, Students must wear appropriate footwear for the activity on offer normally training/sports shoes. All students should wear regular PE uniform for lessons and house colours for competitions and events only. Use of coats and anoraks are encouraged during cold and rainy days, and sun hats on sunny days. A pair of indoor and outdoor shoes is also required throughout the year and is essential during the winter months.
For safety reasons the wearing of earrings (except studs), or other jewellery (metal or plastic) is not permitted. They represent potential hazards to all participants. Medical, professional and occupational safety advice confirms that they should be avoided at all times.
Shirts top buttons should always be done up and ties should always be fully pulled up to the collar. Hair should be worn in a neat style, while mohicans, tramlines and bright colours are not considered appropriate hairstyles for school. If a student attends school with a hairstyle that is deemed inappropriate, the Headteacher will inform the parents and request a more suitable style. Furthermore, a student may be required to wear hair tied back and/or to remove if it is deemed hazardous to an activity.
- For best results, always wash uniforms separately and touch up with a warm iron.
- Never use fabric softeners.
- It is always best to wash your garments before wearing them the first time.
- To keep your whites looking bright or If uniforms become stained, dull or dingy, soak overnight in water with a stain remover and follow normal wash instructions the next morning.
- For best results, always wash uniforms separately and touch up with a warm iron and never use fabric softeners.
- It is always best to wash your garments before wearing them the first time. Our navy colours/products should be treated as “delicate”.
Follow These Tips to Prevent Fading:
- Wash dark colours together and turn clothes inside out.
- Wash in cold water and do not over dry.
- Use the gentle cycle and a gentle detergent.
We are always delighted to hear from prospective parents that are considering our international school for their children’s education. Please do not hesitate to call us on the phone number above or select from the options below.
You can ask us a question, arrange a school visit (instant confirmation), or make a formal application to join the school. Please click one of the buttons below to make contact with our admissions department.
Latest BSSP News
Check out all the latest news from our international school staff and students of The British School of St. Petersburg.